Coping with Unemployment
I know it's a gloomy subject and today is a beautiful day but for many of us this is a reality. There are many stages to coping, and of course it all depends on your circumstances.
1. Deal with your emotions
2. Make a budget
3. Step back and check your direction? Is it time for a career change?
4. Take a good look at yourself, who are you really? You may want to take a personality test to find your strengths and weaknesses to help you to focus on what you really want.
5. Decide if you are going to retrain for a new career and if you can afford to go back to school. This may be an opportunity for you to pursue something that you had postponed in the past.
6. Make a great resume, always take the time to edit your resume to suit the position you are applying for.
7. Apply for jobs online, in person and most importantly through your friends and relatives. Referrals make a huge difference.
8. Always dress appropriately for your interview, wear your most confident smile and be as charming as you can be!
9. Keep your sense of humour and interview the person who is interviewing you, after all they want to buy your time - do you want to work with them?
10. Still not working? Use this time wisely - spend time with your family, take care of those around you, write a book, paint your masterpiece, learn how to repair things cheaply - this is down time but it may be the most precious time in your life.
Enjoy every moment of each day. The birds singing, the sun shining, the stars at night, the smell of freshly cut grass, children playing, the hum of passing cars.
If you need some help getting your life together, I am on a mission to help you!
Talk to you soon. [email protected]
College Advisor: I have worked in education for many years teaching business and information studies and advising students on which college program to take and which university to attend. I have helped hundreds of students with college applications. If you need a life coach to help you with anything related to education, please email me at [email protected] I can help you to set goals and give you the benefit of my experience.